Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Off comes the water weight...

Hey all!

I'm super excited that my scale is already going down.  I weighed in yesterday morning at 212.8 and this morning I'm at 210.4.  Yahoo!  I know this is all water weight and  not fat loss, but still.  It's a lower number on the scale and I'm happy about it.

I'm having high fiber oatmeal this morning for breakfast instead of my usual sugary cereal/and or donuts from Wal-Mart.  I'm feeling...good.

I'm a little depressed today though.

Our finances aren't exactly great.  We're trying to raise a family of five on $15.00 an hour. I feel awful because I'm not working anymore, but my husband and I agreed to be poor until all the kids were in school so that I could stay home with them and finish school.  I'm no where near close to finishing school, but I will be done before the youngest is in kindergarten.  That's something to look forward to... but right now we are hurting.  I have bill collectors on me all day and night, we haven't had money to buy propane to heat the house and we're using electric heaters which makes our electric bill SO high.  On top of that, we won't have money to buy our kids things for Christmas. I'm not so worried about that because our family usually buys them lots of things but I feel awful that we won't be able to get them anything ourselves.

Praying for a miracle.

My husband has applied to other jobs that pay way better but they are out of state, which would cost us a move.  Ugh...sometimes I don't know where to turn.

But this made me feel a little better.  I just saw it on Facebook:

www.jcluforever.com

I'm sure a lot of you know how it feels to be in debt and unable to pay bills.  It's not a good feeling, especially around the holidays.  But then again, we aren't lacking much.  We are all healthy, we have food to eat, and we have each other.  God gives us our basic needs and I am very grateful for that.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment